In Bolivia, the construction of a road cutting straight through the TIPNIS rainforest national park and Indian reservation has begun. The goal is to connect the Amazonian region with the ports of the Pacific Ocean via the new traffic route to facilitate the export of raw materials. The road will destroy the forest and the TIPNIS area that is home to indigenous peoples. The Indians are seeking to stop the project by marching to the capital city of Bolivia, La Paz.Three different tribes will be protesting the route, which will cut through their territory or "big house" as they refer to it.

To
Mr. Evo Morales, President of Bolivia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Dr. Mr. President Evo Morales,
I'm very concerned about the construction of the road between Villa Tunari and San Ignacio de Moxos. This will cut across the Territorio Indgena Parque Nacional Isiboro S‚cure (TIPNIS) reserve and destroy the livelihoods of its residents.
The people living in the TIPNIS have reported that the rights of the indigenous peoples, the conservation of biodiversity and the environment, and international contracts and agreements have been disregarded by their government.
For these reasons, I support the campaign to defend TIPNIS and declare my solidarity with the march of the indigenous peoples to La Paz to protest against the road.
Together with the indigenous peoples, I request you immediately halt construction of the road. I implore you to obey the law and protect TIPNIS. I furthermore request you take urgent action against the invasion of illegal coca plantations within the region.
The resolution issued by the indigenous peoples during their 29th conference on May 18th must be adhered to. This resolution "overwhelmingly and non-negotiably rejects" the plan to build the road.
Please also stop the environmental evaluation of TIPNIS by the National Service for Protected Areas that is occurring without consulting the indigenous peoples.
Please hear out the legitimate concerns of the indigenous peoples and look for an alternative route outside of TIPNIS.
Mr. President, please help save Mother Earth. You have the authority and the understanding to do so. Have no part in current and future generations of Bolivians being forced to explain how Brazilian interests and limitless greed caused unique plant and animal species to be extinguished for eternity.
Respectfully,
Signature_____
Invia!

Joomla templates by a4joomla